List:       ros-users
Subject:    [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Software engineering, dependencies and C++ library Abseil
From:       ros.discourse () gmail ! com (Davide Faconti)
Date:       2017-09-29 12:55:44

Dear ROS users,

I wanted to share with the community a very inspiring video that I saw recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=309&v=tISy7EJQPzI

If you care about software quality in large projects, you will not regret spending 1 \
hour of your life watching this. I believe that the issue of dependencies is \
particularly relevant in the context of ROS, where it is the norm to reuse libraries \
developed by other people in the community.

Furthermore, they announced a utility library that is incredibly useful.

https://github.com/abseil/

I am planning to build a catkinized version over the weekend to make it easily \
available to others. I took a look at it and it seems to be an extremely valuable \
addition to any programmer toolkit. I believe it should be considered by anyone \
writing new code or refactoring old one.

Cheers.

Davide

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/software-engineering-dependencies-and-c-library-abseil/2795/1) \