List:       ros-users
Subject:    [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Is Turtlebot the right platform for us?
From:       ros.discourse () gmail ! com (Devon Ash)
Date:       2017-06-27 4:46:04

There's always intricacies that happen when porting to a real robot after working in \
sim, depending on the data/algorithm/problem being solved. But I find that is best \
dealt with by allocating enough time in your project when you switch over from sim to \
hardware.

Hardware just gets so tedious at times. You have to plug the robot in, ssh into it, \
make sure it boots, make sure ubuntu is acting fine, perhaps make it switch networks \
etc etc. Sim is like alright, roslaunch gazebo and my robot system is up and \
functional, back to writing my program/testing my program.

Testing things on a real robot is also time consuming as well, you have to wait for \
real actuation, perhaps your robot powers off or the network goes down etc.

Anyways, I'm a hard advocate for that. We've kind of gotten off topic here and OP \
said he was satisfied with the responses and wants to open a new thread. So, that \
being said. Good chat folks. I'm out.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/is-turtlebot-the-right-platform-for-us/1892/24) \
or reply to this email to respond.