List:       ros-general
Subject:    Re: [ros-general] I wanna help you
From:       Brandon Turner <turnerb7 () msu ! edu>
Date:       2006-08-15 17:29:09

Well...

This project might be kinda big but something that would be really nice
would be 2nd stage setup.  At the current time it is just some pop up
dialogs that lead you through it.  But it would be nice if you could
make it more like windows, do a graphical overhaul on it.  Does this
sound like something you would be interested in?  If so I can get you
more details on it.

Thomas Kipar wrote:
> Of course I've already joined the dev-mailing-list, shall I better use
> this one?
> I have only a _little_ (maybe better say none) knowledge of the kernel
> and driver-coding stuff, in the past time I spend most of my time in
> coding 3D-realtime applications. So probably I'm not the guy for the
> low-level-kernel stuff, but maybe you've also a job for someone who
> almost ever developped software for the colourful nice windows-world.
>
> Brandon Turner schrieb:
>
>> Thomas Kipar wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I found the ReactOS project by chance and it seems to be very intresting
>>> to me, thats why I'd like to spend some time to help you with it. I
>>> think I'm quiet experienced with small (hobby-)projects I've develloped
>>> myself or with help of a small group, but unfortunatily I have not any
>>> experience with that large projects. So I don't know where to start and
>>> how I might help you.
>>> Can someone tell me how to get startet best?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>

>> I suggest getting on the ros-dev mailing list as well for starters if
>> you didnt do that already.  I also suggest coming into
>> IRC(irc.freenode.net #reactos) as most the developers are in the room
>> all day long including myself.  If you can tell us the types of programs
>> you have made and the past, and a more detailed skill set then someone
>> will probably be able to lead you in the direction of a start project.

Brandon Turner
ReactOS Release Engineer
Blog: http://www.amateurgramming.com