List:       ros-general
Subject:    [ros-general] Re: Re: Re: install ReactOS on vmware
From:       "Mikhail Y. Zvyozdochkin" <mzvyozd () narod ! ru>
Date:       2006-03-29 18:49:10

Sorry for late answer. My installation: ASPLinux 9 (RedHat9-based
distribution) and vmware 4.0.0. I not think that there is great
differencies between 4.0.0 and 4.2.5...

Yuandan Zhang:

> I created a virtual mechine (chose Other)

I'm using 'Windows NT' virtual machine type, 128 MB RAM for VM, and say
vmware use downloaded ReactOS ISO as "CD-ROM (IDE 0:0)".

> and set boot sequence as CD, floppy, HHD. when I click on 'start  the
> new virtual mechine'.  is pops pup a message 'enter any key to boot
> from CD'. there was not response when hit a key. just hang there for
> hours. I had to power off it.

It's strange... after pressing 'any key' NT-like blue installation
screen must appear...

WBR,
  DarkHobbit