List:       ros-general
Subject:    Re: [ros-general] Wait a second...
From:       "jwalsh () bigpond ! net ! au" <jwalsh () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-10-18 6:26:38

Since this is still [ros-general], emphasis on "general":

When I first saw your ros home page I was very impressed with the amount of effort \
which must have gone into it. There were some errors but tolerable. Some of the loose \
references to ros being "buggy" is not helpfull either. Preserving the Windows \
"buggyness" is a little too extreme. I imagined that a lot of money must have secured \
ros the top system designers. Amazing that it has all been done on "the smell of and \
oil rag". Congratulations !.
I also thought that focussing on some obvious (to us) mistakes would be "nit \
picking". However it is now becoming a serious issue, which I feel can be addressed \
by a few simple "adjustments". Perhaps I'm overreacting. But, falling back on \
regulation is throwing good energy after bad. I don't see that it is necessary.
Is it appropriate to discuss it here?
As for this:
> > Just code, don't talk works fine...when you are a two people project.
I would suggest they retire to minGW-Msys where they can talk code "until the cows \
come home" and be gently diciplined by Earnie Boyd, its a great list. Then maybe  \
[ros-general] can stay as it is "general".

Regards and rosuccess
Justin