List:       ros-general
Subject:    Re: [ros-general] Boot screens
From:       João_Jerónimo_Barata_de_Oliveira
Date:       2004-02-29 14:36:19

jh wrote:

> You must be referring to the boot screen ideas that I posted a week ago.

Yes, I was refering to them

> I too like the first one then the third one and I agree that the blue text is bad. \
> They were only ideas.
> I would suggest that ReactOS be placed in the upper half and a version number and \
> anything else in the lower half.

Of course they are only ideas, but I only expressed my opinion about the
ideas!

> But It is up to the powers that be to decide if there shall be a boot screen or not \
> and it is not up to me. One has already suggested that there should not be a boot \
> screen in ros.
> I think that if No1 was done correctly, then it would be very eye catching to the \
> first timers. Just imagine someone seeing that come up on screen as ros boots up, \
> they would think, ' wow, this looks good ' and it would fill them with great \
> excitement. But boot screens don' t make an OS

Of course the boot screens don't make the OS... nor the look&feel; an
operating system can have a boot screen and a task bar, window title
bars, etc very ornamented, all much beautifull... but however be an
authentic shit!

João Jerónimo