List:       ros-general
Subject:    [ros-general] Re: ROS: Debug out the COM Port
From:       Richard Campbell <eek2121 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-12-11 22:50:53

Change boot.bat to read the following:

loadros system32\ntoskrnl.exe system32\hal.dll /DEBUGPORT=COM1 bootc.lst

Under freeldr you'd add a ReactOS Debug entry to freeldr.ini with the
following settings:

[Operating Systems]
ROS_Debug="ReactOS Debug"

[ROS_Debug]
BootType=ReactOS
SystemPath=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\ReactOS
Options=/DEBUGPORT=COM1

if it still doesn't work, it's likely a hardware configuration issue,
for instance, don't use COM1 if you have a serial mouse or other device
on COM3.  or don't use COM2 if COM4 is in use, etc. and vice versa.
This is a limitation of the PC architecture.  Also make sure your serial
ports are setup properly and enabled in your system's BIOS.

Hope this helps,
Richard