List:       ros-dev
Subject:    Re: [ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [weiden] 29670: Tweak the
From:       "tamlin () algonet ! se" <tamlin () algonet ! se>
Date:       2007-10-27 20:40:16

jimtabor wrote:

>I noticed WndProc messages originate from win32k too. The window
thread is
>locked and then the message is sent out.
>
>Example: Function call User32 -> Win32k -> send message.
>
>Maybe we are doing double the work when we scroll on a bar. The rapid
>blinking of the bar too. We maybe sending more than one message out.

Trying a hypothesis here, could it work if all such w32k-registered-
and-managed window classes, if not subclassed by the app, lock visual
updates while calling back into usermode (cmp. LockWindowUpdate(hWnd)
)?

(recursive calls, whether intentional or from buggy user-mode app code
could invalidate it)

>4. Fix bugs.
>5. Get paid!

If you solve that... :-)