List:       rocs-devel
Subject:    Re: GenerateGraphWidget
From:       Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-06-24 5:40:07

On Montag, 24. Juni 2019 00:17:13 CEST Caio Tonetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the interface of the *GenerateGraphWidget, *there is a field called
> *Identifier*, which is responsible
> for a string that identifies what graph generator the user want to use,
> being changed everytime the upper box is changed. I don't see why this
> field needs to be in the interface, as the variable that changes,
> *m_identifier* doesn't seen to be attached to any functionality. The actual
> generator is chosen by the index in the first box. It is not better to
> remove this field to avoid confusion?

Hi Caio,

the ID field is there to allow the user to specify the ID that later can be
used when accessing the graph from the scripting engine. -- That said,
probably the whole workflow of setting IDs by hand from the user and then using
those IDs again in the scripting engine could be revisited, because it needs
much manual interaction and is error prone.

Cheers,
Andreas