List:       rocs-devel
Subject:    Re: [typo?]rocs
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-07-16 8:30:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> [: Andreas Cord-Landwehr :]
> The only requirement for the translated string is that it must be a string
> consisting only of characters and numbers (explicitly no whitespaces; the
> string is used as the identifier for the data structure object for access
> from our scripting engine).

There is a checker script that runs each week over translations in KDE
repository and reports any errors it finds. It is also possible to define
catalog-specific checks, as a Python function. Based on your description, I
would add such check function:

  @_on_cat("rocs")
  def _check_cat_rocs (msg, cat, pcache):

      if msg.msgid == "dotImport":
          if not msg.msgstr[0].isalnum():
              return _("@info",
                       "Translation must contain only letters and numbers.")

But, is indeed "letters and numbers only" the exact constraint? E.g. it
would also allow non-ASCII letters and number as first character, and
disallow underscores.

You can also modify this check function at any time yourself, the script is
found in KDE Subversion repository at
trunk/l10n-support/pology/sieve/check_tp_kde.py.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)