List:       rockbox-dev
Subject:    Re: apologies to the list
From:       Mark Allums <mark () allums ! com>
Date:       2008-08-12 4:24:12

alex wallis wrote:
>> No apology needed; top-posting happens even to the best of us, at times.
>

> Hi. Well considering the massive amount of posting that went on about
> this subject a few months back, I thought it best to write and apologise
> in case someone decided to jump down my throat, as a few list members
> have done so in the past to me, so just thought they should be forestalled.
> My personal view on the matter, is that if someone repeatedly top posts,
> they should be warned off list, and that people such as me who do
> accidentally top post shouldn't feel the need to have to apologize
> because a few members jump down peoples throats at the slightest
> infraction of the rules. As the apologies themselves create even more
> rubbish in the list archives to add to the rubbish created by the
> original top poster.

Hi,

Did you mean to post that to the list itself?  :)

I probably shouldn't, myself; I am a bit /persona non grata/ on this
list, at least to some people.  Also, this is off-topic.  As you say, it
adds to the rubbish.  But sometimes, I can't resist.  :)

We will probably get an "Effin shut up, already!" from someone for these
posts.

Sigh.

Mark Allums