List:       rockbox-dev
Subject:    Praises for Rockbox on the SanDisk E200
From:       Sylvain Fourmanoit <syfou () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-03-19 22:15:46

Hi devs,

I recently bought a SanDisk E280, a model I specifically selected because
it recently became a target of Rockbox -- I wanted an inexpensive ogg
player with USB mass storage support for a long time, and I thought I
should give it a shot.

I am just amazed by your work: thanks to you guys, I could build a new
firmware in minutes, and I now have a very functional ogg player --
sound quality is good, and the interface makes sense (at last!), which is
a nice bonus. That's the first time I ever compiled something for an
embedded device, and I was surprised how painless it has been -- I guess
that's just the result of a mature code base you all poured a lot of
efforts in.

So kudos to you all, and long live Rockbox!

--
Sylvain <syfou@users.sourceforge.net>

Nearly every complex solution to a programming problem that I
have looked at carefully has turned out to be wrong.
 		-- Brent Welch