List:       rockbox-dev
Subject:    RE: installing patches
From:       "daniel dalton" <daniel.dalton47 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-14 9:39:34

All information needed for building Rockbox is available in the
Rockbox wiki. Please read
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SimpleGuideToCompiling and
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WorkingWithPatches For
other helpful wiki pages just look at the "For developers" section in
the documentation index of the wiki.

Hi
Ok first what one of these do I need to download to get started?
I am just wanting to add patches to my build of rockbox.
List of 4 items
• http://www.fsf.org/software/patch/patch.htmlhttp://www.gnu.org/directory/diffutils.htmlhttp://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm -
patch for Windows
• http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm -
diff for Windows
list end

Does anyone know which one I should use? I am using windows xp pro.
Once I have one of the patching programs installed do I just type
"svn add file"
Without the quotes. And where do I type this is there a program window
or do I type it in a dos window?

After the svn add file
line then should I type the file name after  svn add file with the file
extension?
Sorry about all the questions here. Is what I am saying about the svn
add file a bit right or am I totally wrong.
Daniel