List:       rockbox
Subject:    xDuoo X3ii boot menu timeout
From:       Patrice Levesque via rockbox <rockbox () cool ! haxx ! se>
Date:       2021-04-17 22:45:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi!

Successfully flashed Rockbox on a XDuoo X3ii.  Works very well.

The only issue I have is the time it takes to boot; bootloader takes
seven seconds to start, then expects the user to pick OF, Rockbox or
Tools with a ten-second timeout.  Sure, I can press Play to select, but
it's a pointless annoyance when the player is in my pocket.

Is there a way to force Rockbox on boot without that 10-second timeout,
and bring up the boot menu only on certain keypresses when powering on?
I doubt I'll ever need OF or boot menu.  Worst case, can I decrease the
timeout to 1 second or less?

Thanks for the port; now that Sansa Clip+ are almost impossible to find,
I find XDuoo X3ii to be an suitable replacement.

--
 · Patrice Levesque
 · http://ptaff.ca/