List:       rockbox
Subject:    Open Source aspect not being taken advantage of by manufacturers
From:       mhujm--- via rockbox <rockbox () cool ! haxx ! se>
Date:       2017-01-16 18:25:35

There are still so many Sansa Clip Plus-like clones out there (AGPtEK
A12 on Amazon, for example).

Haven't any manufacturers just snatched Rockbox for free?

(I understand that they would have to do some work to make it work on
their hardware, but why would they go to the trouble of writing / buying
their own functionality when such a full-featured open-source
alternative is available?)

I lost my last of 3 Sansa Clip+, but i am NOT about to pay a $50
scarcity premium on eBay for the few remaining collectors items.

First time poster - trying to follow the rules, please be gentle with
scoldings!

---