List:       rockbox
Subject:    Re: forget all previous posts
From:       Andrew Hart <ahart () dim ! uchile ! cl>
Date:       2008-10-30 12:29:04

Daryl Marie wrote:
[snip]

> But how can I change the speed of the spoken menus on my player?

You can't do this on the player.  Rockbox does not have a text-to-speech
engine.  The voiced menus work by playing back recorded snippets of
speech corresponding to the menu entry.  Consequently, it is not
possible to change the speech rate or other voice parameters on the fly.
 It is necessary to
build a new english.voice file with a different speech rate.

Hth,
Andrew.