List:       rockbox
Subject:    "Recently Added" periodically goes awry, and some locking-up type
From:       Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam () rosi-kessel ! org>
Date:       2008-07-13 17:10:52

The "Recently Added" section under the "Database" menu on my iPod Video
80GB (current RB build) periodically shows either nothing (when tracks
have been added recently), or every single album in the entire database.
  Is there anything I could be doing wrong? Is this just a bug?

I've also noticed the device often appears to have shut down (i.e., by
holding down "play" followed by the "shutting down" screen), but it
won't turn back on unless I do a hard reset with menu+select. I suspect
it is not fully turning off and the battery is continuing to drain when
this happens. Again, bug and/or something that there is a good
workaround for?

Finally, the device often locks up, particularly soon after starting. I
think if I wait a really long time it may eventually unfreeze, but
usually I just do a hard reset as above because I don't want to wait
20-30 minutes to listen to music. Any suggestions as to why this is
happening and whether there is any way to avoid it?