List:       rockbox
Subject:    Re: Changelog
From:       Bertrik Sikken <bertrik () sikken ! nl>
Date:       2008-07-12 11:48:21

Antony Stone wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Where can I find the Changelog for Rockbox - a summary of all the changes /
> additions in each version of the code?
>
> I've downloaded the source and looked in there (only a few module-specific
> changelog files), I've looked in the tracker system (some bugs get fixed, but
> there isn't a new feature list there any more) I've looked in the Wiki
> (nothing I could find) and I've looked in the manual (a strangely blank page
> for Appendix E).
>
> Since there are daily builds of this project rather than version releases from
> time to time, how do I find out what's been changed or added in a build since
> the last one I installed, so I can decide (a) whether to install it, and (b)
> what to look for in the manual for how to use the new bits?
>
> I'm assuming there must *be* a changelog, if for no other reason than so that
> the developers know what each other is doing / has done.

Major changes are noted in the MajorChanges wiki page.

For more detailed changes you can have a look at the commit comments
in the svn repository, for example with the subversion web view on the
front page or using your favourite subversion client.
These comments are often quite technical.

With command-line svn, you can do something like this
svn log -r 17950:18000
to get all changes between revision 17950 and 18000 (just an example).

The daily builds have a changelog consisting of the commit comments of
the changes since the previous daily build.

BTW, builds are usually done more often than daily. Any commit in
the source code triggers a new build (the "current build").

Kind regards,
Bertrik