List:       rockbox
Subject:    Re: rbuilt and changing sapi defaults
From:       kim <arwynevenstar2 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-19 19:13:08

Hi,

  I was using rbuilt to create voices ofr an ipod video 80gb, as well as a sandisc \
e200 wih sapi 5. I will have to check the wav files. I tried adjusting the wavtrim \
threshhold, but wasn't sure what to do with it. its default is 500. The cut-off at \
the ends of words is not always consistent either. I hope that helps a little.
  Kim

Dominik Wenger <domonoky@googlemail.com> wrote:
  kim schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using the rbuilt utility to create voices. I find that when I do,
> the ends of words are cut off too soon, and not in cygwin. How do I
> ensure this does not happen? I am not sure which setings are different.
> There is an edit box after the combobox that I presume sets the speed?
> It looks like it does, having 1 to 10.
>

> Thanks,
> Kim

Hi,
I think this cutting of, of voice entrys with rbutil is a Bug in rbutil.
Different people have reported it (and noone made a tracker entry :-/ )
Unfortunatly i couldnt reproduce this Bug on my PC. So fixing it is hard.

Can you tell me more details ?
E.g. For which player and language was this voicefile generated ?
Does this cutting off also happen with talkfile ? If so, could you check
if the the wav file are also cut off ? ( There is a option on the
talkfile dialog, to disable deleting of the wavfiles).

greets,
Dominik Wenger