List:       rockbox
Subject:    RE: Problems with iPod 80gb video
From:       "Darren Duff" <duff379 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-19 3:08:05

At 11:16 AM 3/18/2008, Celeste wrote:

I am having problems getting my ipod to register as a drive on my computer.
When I plug it into the USB port, it gives me three tones, indicating some
sort of USB failure.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Maybe a setting
in the ipod itself that I need to change?  It used to work just fine,
although I had to do a lot of plugging and unplugging, starting up and
shutting down the ipod before it would work, now it refuses to register as a
drive letter completely.

You might want to try it on a different pc if you have one there...

Darren Duff.
Assistive Technology Instructor
Tech-Able, Inc.
Phone: (678)936-6113
personal E-mail  <mailto:duff379@gmail.com> duff379@gmail.com
work E-mail:  <mailto:darren@techable.org> darren@techable.org
win live messenger *no mail please*  <mailto:darren379@hotmail.com>
darren379@hotmail.com
skype ID duffman31279
 <http://www.techable.org/> www.techable.org
"Empowering and Enriching Lives
        Through Assistive Technology"

  _____

I am having problems getting my ipod to register as a drive on my computer.
When I plug it into the USB port, it gives me three tones, indicating some
sort of USB failure.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Maybe a setting
in the ipod itself that I need to change?  It used to work just fine,
although I had to do a lot of plugging and unplugging, starting up and
shutting down the ipod before it would work, now it refuses to register as a
drive letter completely.

HI celeste,

I wonder if your cable has given out. the fact that it used to work
sometimes and now doesn't work at all suggests that perhaps the cable was
slowly failing and has now failed completely. It may not be the cable - it
may be something in the iPod itself - but trying a different cable might be
a good first step. Good luck.

Best,
Anna

_____________ NOD32 EMON 2958 (20080318) information _____________