List:       rockbox
Subject:    Re: Internet radio recorder
From:       victor rajewski <askvictor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 22:51:24

I've used mmsclient with some success for doing this; it is quite
minimal, and in version 0.2 or something so still missing a lot, but
basically it connects to an mms streaming server (so windows media
streams like asx will work) and dumps the connent in a local file.
>From there you may need to convert the content to another useable form
- a couple of stations I used seem to stream straight mp3 data, some
wma (without DRM), both of which successfully play on my iriver (not
rockbox at this point) without conversion. But if you do need to
convert formats, mplayer/mencoder seem to be happy with proprietary
formats.