List:       rhq-devel
Subject:    Re: GitHub migration again -- The Plan
From:       Stefan Negrea <snegrea () redhat ! com>
Date:       2013-02-28 22:13:14

Hello Heiko,

The part of the plan that concerns me is the version mismatch between core and the \
other two repositories when it comes to master branch. I am thinking here for the \
perspectives of the developer and a Jenkins build.

From a developer perspective, take the scenario where a BZ requires a concurrent \
fixes in in the plugin repository and the core repositories. I just to not see how \
one can test such fix easily. Having the HEAD of master branch of both repository on \
the local disk would not be sufficient. So what would be workflow here?

Now from the perspective of a Jenkins build. Lets say the developers manages to write \
the fix. How can we create a Jenkins build with the fix for QA?

I agree that on release branches we can have slightly different versions (eg. RHQ \
Core 4.6.1 with RHQ Plugins 4.6.2). But on master having this mismatch will just \
cause problems sooner or later and will just complicate simple daily development \
tasks.

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea