List:       rhq-devel
Subject:    JBoss AS7 & Plugins
From:       hrupp () redhat ! com (Heiko W ! Rupp)
Date:       2011-06-27 15:43:41

Stefan,

> I am working on a mod_cluster RHQ plugin and maybe you can help me with a couple of \
> JBoss AS7 details. The RHQ plugin you wrote uses JSON to communicate with the AS7 \
> server. Is JSON used for the server's plugin system? Do you know where I can find \
> some documentation about JSON services in

AS7 exposes two management ports (by default):
- 9990 with json data
- 9999 with their own data representation

Both ports go into the management api that is used to obtain data from the AS7 \
server/domain and to modify server state. I have decided to use the JSON port as this \
allows for complete data de-typing, meaning that the plugin does not need to  \
download any target AS-version specific classes (which used to be problematic in the \
past).

> JBoss? Do you know of any other changes to the JBoss plugin system?

AS 7 is a complete re-write and you can basically not reuse anything from as4,5,6

> mod_cluster dropped JMX interfaces and is part of the AS7 source tree \
> (https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/tree/master/modcluster). Would it make sense \
> to include mod_cluster support as part of the AS7 RHQ plugin you worked on?

Yes, sure - the communication with it also needs to use the JSON api for the as7 \
plugin. I don't think it will be possible to re-use the as4,5,6 version of the \
mod_cluster plugin directly, but the concepts should be much the same here.

  Hope this helps you further
    Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn