List:       rhq-devel
Subject:    Splitting release bits
From:       hrupp () redhat ! com (Heiko W ! Rupp)
Date:       2010-02-10 9:14:58

Am 08.02.2010 um 14:50 schrieb Jason Dobies:

> Interesting idea. But what about the database? We'd have to provide
> upgrade scripts, which I don't think we can easily generate.

I was actually thinking on applying the patch on the "raw" previous
version (before the installer ran), so this would be no issue.

The same could be applied to have one package for the base
application server (ether stock AS or our tuned and slimmed one)
and then the patch would take this and just patch the rhq bits on top
of this. So the user would download the AS only once and could
re-use it for every community release.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei M?nchen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht M?nchen HRB 153243