List:       rfci-discuss
Subject:    Re: [RFCI-Discuss] Newbie
From:       Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite ! de>
Date:       2012-08-12 9:50:21

* Keith Mallen <k.mallen@soondae.co.uk>:
> Hi
>
> As per,
>
> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=phorm.com&submitted=1344633693&table=abuse
>
> Reading elsewhere then given I did receive a response I think I
> understand the reason for rejection.
>
> I do not want to do this incorrectly and I do not want to give the list
> a 'bad name'. It is however the case that I will be 'testing' Phorms
> domains starting next Friday...

That's fine.

> I felt, according to my interpretation of the listing criteria, 'fair
> warning' to the company should be given.

But we don't usually document this.

> I have the impression that only TLD's are listed.

Nope. in abuse we're only listing the domain. In dsn & postmaster, one
can also list subdomains.

> For example oix.net, which does not resolve via DNS, has a number of
> subdomains including,
>
> a.oix.net
> d.oix.net
> w.oix.net

When submitting oix.net you MUST show that the domain has "abusable"
resources. If a domain does NOT have an A or MX record (like here),
it's maybe just reserved and not being used for mail (which is ok) -
as long it's not being used for anything else.!

If, as you now show, it has (!) abusable resources BELOW the domain
oix.net, then they need an abuse@oix.net address.

THus: When submitting oix.net, please ALSO include proof of a use
beyond/below oix.net.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt@charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin