List:       rfci-discuss
Subject:    Re: [RFCI-Discuss] RFC-ignorant.org list
From:       Jean-Marc Pigeon <jmp () safe ! ca>
Date:       2009-02-22 23:34:45

Bonjour Mouss,

> 1- It will be received in 4 or 5 days. I only saw it because I have
> access to the server logs. If I relayed via an external server, I
> wouldn't see anything until 4/5 days. This in itself is bad.
	Agreed with you this not optimal, as you should receive
	"trouble warning" within 4 hours (lets say you have sendmail).
	But in same time, intended recipient, hastily waiting for
	your Email can see your try in its own logs (searching
	with by your name) and click the acknowledge.
	Such the Email will pass next SMTP automatic sending
	try and the mail will be accepted within 4 hours.
	This is a way to smooth false positive trouble,
	over time, system is learning from where you come
	from and genuine traffic (even coming from server
	used to nasty bulk mailing) is coming in quickly.

> 3- also, if a spammer forges my address and sends via his ISP relay,
> then I would get the bounce.
	You know, if a spammer is able to forge BOTH my Email
	domain and my IP number, I'll be more than worry than
	"getting bounce" (I do not know about you),
	that would mean my server is an open relay.. Right?
	we see your sender ID being both domain and IP.

	(not sure our exchange is still meaningful for rfci-discuss)

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: jmp@safe.ca