List:       rfci-discuss
Subject:    Re: [RFCI-Discuss] 2821bis &smtp-ietf (was: New attempt to kill
From:       Anthony Howe <achowe () snert ! com>
Date:       2005-09-10 5:08:57

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Anthony Howe wrote:
>
>  [SIQ]
>
>>I've had little feedback except from the other authors and
>>Eric Allman
>

> We better go to the general ASRG list for any details (from my
> POV the last ASRG list that's not yet completely dead - if that
> doesn't match what you see in IAR or announce it's a problem
> between GMaNe and ASRG)   [[ rant, if there's one sure way to
> kill any list or newsgroup, it's to rename it, or split it into
> a bunch of special lists / newsgroups ]]

Well I did announce the first two drafts in IAR before and essentially
no one cares or prefers the lively debates in the other subgroups -
there was a brief spark for about a day or two when I first posted SIQ
draft 1 last year, but no one commented on the draft itself.

In my mind IAR is dead through inactivity. I think ASRG is pretty
useless for getting anything done. No one wants to play, they all want
to find out what the other people are doing while holding their cards
close to their chest. I suspect people of trolling for patentable ideas
or things they could do in their own commercial products, rather than
benefit the community at large by discussing ideas in the open.

In the 3rd draft we changed the comment feedback section to point to the
ORS blog since no one bothered to comment via the ASRG IAR list.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server