List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Re: [reiserfs-list] more issues...
From:       Fons Rademakers <Fons.Rademakers () cern ! ch>
Date:       2001-03-06 12:05:06

Good news is no news, so people with a good working reiserfs environment
probably don't mail to this list. Being a reasonable new reiserfs user
(since 1 month on my laptop) I must say that I only had one scare and
that was related with VMware (see my previous mail on this list). From
observing the mails on this list a lot of confusion and probably a
source of many problems is due to the mixing and matching of 2.2.x
and 2.4.2 kernels and old and new reiserfs formats. It also looks
like many people start trying out reiserfs on some old spare disks
that may have bad blocks and which cause reiserfs to fail (ext2 also
does not like bad blocks). Anyway, I think everybody would like to
see the horror stories deminish, especially where people loose
complete drives and hear stories how the data was recovered in
such cases with the help of the reiserfs guru's.

Cheers, Fons.

--
Org:    CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland