List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    (reiserfs) RE: (reiserfs) Re: nvram
From:       Chris Mason <clmsys () osfmail ! isc ! rit ! edu>
Date:       1999-08-12 15:27:20

Ok, I was not thinking of power conservation.  With proper buffer cache
tuning, the journal could help some...

Anyway, I've been thinking about the right way to make the journal tunable
on the fly.  How about a /proc interface for changing things like the max
transaction size/age/num_writers, journal size/location/device etc.
Changing some params would just require a commit of the current transaction,
others would have to flush all journaled blocks to disk.

It will be a while before I get that far, but apmd should be able to use the
/proc interface to switch the journal back and forth.

-chris