List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Problem with Reiser4
From:       Tobi Kunze <tobi.kunze () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-15 23:40:42

Hi,

i have a strange problem with my system and i think it might be caused by reiser4. If \
i write a file with vim, even if it is just a word, my harddisk starts to write like \
mad for a few seconds and vim is not responding. The problem does not exist with nano \
or emacs. One might now guess it is a vim problem, but it behaves totally normal if i \
write the file on a fat32 partition on the same disk. Vim just quits and i even \
cannot hear my harddisk write. Another reason why i think it is a reiser problem is \
that dpkg got really slow with the last few kernels. It takes very long to extract \
and install the deb packages.

At the moment i am using Debian and 2.6.14.1 vanilla with reiser4 patch. The problem \
also exists on 2.6.14-mm2.

With kind regards

Tobias Kunze