List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Re: Full of surprises - A reiser4 story from userland
From:       Vitaly Fertman <vitaly () namesys ! com>
Date:       2005-09-28 20:05:56

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 21:57, Fionn Behrens wrote:
> On Mi, 2005-09-28 at 20:40 +0400, Vitaly Fertman wrote:
>
> > remember that reiser4progs-1.0.4 supports both formats, in other words
> > having the format updated to the new one, you are able to use new
> > kernelonly. If you want to move back to 2.6.10, you have to build-fs
> > with 1.0.3 version or reiser4progs.
>
> Do I get this right? I had reiser4progs 1.0.4 and it should already know
> the new format? If what you say is right then fsck should have not
> complained about an error in the first place AND I still should not be
> able to boot with the old kernel any more after --build-fs.
> But it found an error. And I ran --build-fs with it. And now I am using
> the old kernel again and it does NOT complain about errors any more.
> (except for that flag we discussed already).
>
> Pardon me, I am confused.

hm, before writing that I had checked 1.0.4 progs and thought there
was another older fsck you could run that time, but I have just double
checked it and have found that 1.0.4 version I looked into was changed
a bit. You are right, 1.0.4 works with the old format. and if you run it
again with --check, you get rid of the ERROR flag in the super block.

--
Vitaly