List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is Reiser4 slower then ReiserFS v3
From:       Adrian Ulrich <reiser4 () blinkenlights ! ch>
Date:       2004-12-29 6:34:42

Hello Hans,

> There was a read slowdown, in latest release of reiser4, see patch I
> cc'd this list on a few emails ago.

I saw the patch 5 seconds after i've posted my message ;)

I'll re-run my test using the patch and with/without the extents
option..

> Did you time the sync command or?

I ran a 'sync' after each test, but i didn't time it..
But i didn't feel a difference between the sync on
Reiser3 and Reiser4.. synching took less than 1/2 second on both
filesystems.

> How large was the fileset created compared to RAM?

I only created this 195075 directories, i've got about
1gb free RAM

When i re-run the test, i'll reboot after each command to get
an empty cache

Thanks,
 Adrian