List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Re: [reiserfs-list] Converting from 3.5 to 3.6
From:       "Sebastian J. Bronner" <waschtl () sbronner ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 8:19:37

On Monday 28 January 2002 21:35, you wrote:
> In fact, there should be no limit on number of files in directory
> (there is limit on number of subdirs in a dir, but it is the same
> between v3.5 and v3.6)

Oops, the limitations of the different versions of ReiserFS somehow got
twisted in my memory between reading the FAQ and posting this message.  I can
see how the differences listed can be handled on a file-by-file basis.
Thanks for your input, Oleg.

Maximum file size
3.5	2**32 bytes == 4 Gbytes
3.6	2**60 bytes == 1152921504 Gbytes, but page cache limits this to 17592
Gbytes on architectures with 32 bit int

Maximum number of links to a file
3.5	2**15 == 32768
3.6	2**32 == 4294967296