List:       reiserfs-devel
Subject:    Re: [reiserfs-list] What went into 2.4.18-pre1, what do we need? Again and again...;-)
From:       Dieter =?iso-8859-15?q?N=FCtzel?= <Dieter.Nuetzel () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2001-12-27 23:11:30

Am Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2001 23:40 schrieb Hans Reiser:
> Dieter Nützel wrote:
> >Shouldn't "you" try to force Marcelo to integrate "all" pending stuff
> >(O-inode-attrs.patch, quota)?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >	Dieter
>
> Actually, Marcello takes our patches very very quickly without fail when
> we send them in.  (Alan was also good in this regard.)   I have
> confidence that if a patch is ever not put in, we'll get an email
> telling us why.

Good to hear.
I only hoped Marcelo would put a little more "verbose" messages in his logs...

>  You cannot imagine how pleasant it is to not experience
> dropped emails --- it is so hard to convince programmers that it means
> nothing if their email was ignored and they should resend --- they just
> don't believe it.

:-)))

> We have a release manager (Oleg Drokin) now,

Ah, I've send my post to him without notice in the fist place.

> and under him everything is
> well managed without my having to constantly check to see if the job is
> done.  Unfortunately he is on vacation.:-/

That's nice between Xmas and New Year's Eve.

> Hans

Thanks,
	Dieter

BTW I'll take a deeper look myself. If only Andrea Arcangeli's 10_vm-21 patch
(the clear winner VM) went in, too :-)

--
Dieter Nützel
Graduate Student, Computer Science