List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: Printing over Samba
From:       "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel () Infinity-ltd ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 22:44:07

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Mike W wrote:

> What if you want to do both?
>
> Mike W
>
> Mike Burger wrote:

Get the printer working correctly in /etc/printcap.  Then let Samba
export the printers to Windows machines.  This is what I do with one
Winprinter Laser printer I have.  You can create a special printcap file
just for Samba if only want to export some of the printers.  You can
also modify the Samba config to just export specific printers, but I
find it quicker to have a Samba printcap file, unless I want to restrict
printers to specific groups.

Mikkel