List:       redhat-list
Subject:    attempting to change SHMMAX
From:       Adam Sleight adams () linearcorp ! com
Date:       2000-05-31 18:45:04

don't need to recompile the kernel to increase your SHMMAX
just add the following to the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local file

if [ -f /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax ]; then
    expr 128 \* 1024 \* 1024 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
    fi

no need to reboot either  just execute rc.local
/etc/rc.d./rc.local
then
cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
or ipcs -lm like you said

btw I learned this from the documentation from Time Navigator (backup software)

On Tue, 30 May 2000 20:00:07 -0400