List:       redhat-list
Subject:    colored MOTD
From:       russb () starpower ! net russb () starpower ! net
Date:       2000-05-31 15:29:25

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Rev. David P. Giffen wrote:
> Does anyone have a chart of the ANSI color codes. I have been wanting a
> copy for a while.

Here ya go:

	COLOR		FOREGROUND	BACKGROUND
	--------------	--------------	--------------
	black		30		40
	red		31		41
	green		32		42
	yellow		33		43
	blue		34		44
	magenta		35		45
	cyan		36		46
	white		37		47

		ATTRIBUTE	NUMBER
		--------------	--------------
		reset all	0
		high intensity	1
		mono underline	4
		blink		5
		inverse		7
		no display	8
		------------------------------

Also see /etc/DIR_COLORS to see how it's used to color the directory
entries. I haven't looked into how to color /etc/motd, so if you
sucessfully create a color motd please send me the info on how you did it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.
                Ne Desit Virtus - The Behne Family Motto

If God had meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way.

TO CONTRIBUTE
to the Harry Browne for President Committee online
please visit http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/misc/renew.htm.