List:       redhat-list
Subject:    PCMCIA Help
From:       Steve Feehan steve () cis ! ksu ! edu
Date:       2000-05-31 15:22:23

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Ahbaid Gaffoor wrote:

> this leads me to believe that the card and pcmcia are coming up fine,
> I just need to get the card "networked"....
>
> What do I need to do from here to set up the card with an IP address of
> 199.1.1.3 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
> ?

Since no one else has responded I'll give it a shot. There are several
files you need to modify. First there is /etc/sysconfig/network

The format of this file is:

NETWORKING=yes
FORWARD_IPV4=no
HOSTNAME=your_hostname
GATEWAY=255.255.255.0
GATEWAYDEV=

The next file is /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

The format of this file is:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=199.1.1.3
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY= FILL THIS IN
HOSTNAME=your_hostname
DOMAIN=your.domain

Then you will need to edit /etc/resolv.conf which has the form:

domain your.domain
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nameserver yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
search foo.com bar.edu

And possibly add a few lines to /etc/hosts

I may be forgetting something, but hopefully that will get you on the
right track.

--
Steve Feehan                         Phone: 785-532-6350x44
System Administrator                 Fax:   785-532-7533