List:       redhat-list
Subject:    ftp question
From:       Perry Blalock perryb () badger1 ! net
Date:       2000-01-16 23:42:22

Hello linda,

lh> Hi all,
lh> I have 4 machines on an ethernet.
lh> I can use ftp from all the computers, but I can not
lh> log on one of the computers with ftp. Is there a
lh> service
lh> or rpm I need to check and see if is missing from that
lh> one machine.  Telnet works fine both ways on all
lh> machines.
lh>                                   Thanks
lh>                                     Linda

check to see if you have the ftpd installed -  "rpm -q wu-ftpd"
 If not, install the rpm and issue "killall -HUP inetd" from your
 command line.

Best regards,
 Perry                            mailto:perryb@badger1.net