List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Slow.... GNOME Startup, after reboot
From:       Marc Davis mwdib () home ! com
Date:       1999-07-31 14:48:39

I wrote in a couple of weeks ago regarding this same problem and didn't
get any suggestions toward a solution,  also searched through newsgroups
and didn't find anything.  I did track down the the MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
is part of the X-Server authentication protocols for remote sessions (I
may be using the wrong terminology...still mostly newbie here).

Nonetheless, upgrading to the latest gnome-rpms appears to have
eliminated the problem, so I'd suggest that (as I believe someone else
did) as a way to eliminate or minimize the recurrance.  The rpm that
appears to have done the trick was gnome-core-1.0.7-2.

Hope this helps.

Marc

--
"Linux has nothing to with software or technology.
 It's a test of the human spirit."