List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: cd burning software
From:       pottee () comcast ! net
Date:       2003-09-30 20:22:39

Have you tried /usr/bin/cdrecord?
[home]$ sudo /usr/bin/cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'CD-RW CRX1611   ' 'TYS7' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

then the command on my machine would be something like:
/usr/bin/cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 /data/iso/someiso.iso

Speed would be whatever your device write at.  See the cdrecord man page for
more info.

Earl