List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: groan, help with procmail again
From:       Wiley Wimberly <wiley () nuvox ! net>
Date:       2003-09-24 12:05:53

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 12:13 AM, Didier Casse wrote:
> The correct formula in your ~/.forward for using sendmail, to make
> procmail work is

> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #userid"
>

> "userid"  should be you userid! :-)

It has been a while since I used procmail from a .forward and I
remember having to use some sort of incantation like the one above, but
the procmail man page included with both rh9 and osx states the
following.

        Instead of using the system provided invocation of procmail
when  mail
        arrives,  you can control the invocation of procmail yourself.
In this
        case your $HOME/.forward (beware, it has to  be  world
readable)  file
        should  contain the line below.  Be sure to include the single
and dou-
        ble quotes, and unless you know your site  to  be  running
smrsh  (the
        SendMail Restricted SHell), it must be an absolute path.

        "|exec /usr/bin/procmail"

The first problem I see is that they talk about single and double
quotes, but only show double quotes in the example. Might be a man page
bug.