List:       redhat-list
Subject:    groan, help with procmail again
From:       "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-23 18:13:55

ok, procmail is simply not working for me.  here's the setup:
1)  mail gets delivered to $HOME/mailbox
2)  .procmailrc
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.subscriptions
3)  rc.testing
> 0:
* ^Subject:.*test
testing

when i email myself something with subject "test", it simply remains in $HOME/mailbox \
instead of being moved to $HOME/Maildir/testing.  what am i doing wrong?

procmail -v yields:
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
...blah blah...
	Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
	Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
	Your system mailbox:    /var/spool/mail/cjb

is it because procmail thinks my system mailbox is /var/spool/mail/cjb instead of \
$HOME/mailbox?

thanks for the help,
-- christopher