yes it does. so i set up my kmail to check mail using IMAP and it downloaded my entire home directory. so i read some about procmail and tired to follow the simple example. failure. all i want to do is simple: right now, all my messages get put in $HOME/mailbox. thats where mutt looks when i start it up. i simply want procmail to filter certain emails into dirs in $HOME/my_mail/. i want these dirs to be in Maildir format. if an email doesn't match a procmail receipe, i want it to remain in $HOME/mailbox. thanks for the help, -- christopher p.s. i never knew email could be so complicated...=( On Friday 19 September 2003 12:15 pm, Parker Morse wrote: > IMHO, if you're regularly checking your mail from multiple locations > and need folders, IMAP is the only way to go. If kmail won't do it, > switch to something that will. > > pjm -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list