List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: User noboby and permissions...how and why
From:       Robert Canary <phantom () ohiocounty ! net>
Date:       2003-08-30 13:59:47

nobody is just that "nobody" it is a user who
doesn't exist and they are the lowest man on the
chain of command.  Most damons will run as nobody
for the porpose of *not* giving the application
any access to any resources (none whatsoever).
Simply do their own thing and not interfer with
anyone elses stuff.