List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: Mozilla, Backup
From:       Cornelius_Kölbel <cornelius.koelbel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-18 8:23:57

Sambit Nanda wrote:

>I asked this question before but did not get any
>answer,
>  I am using Mozilla on RH, I have more than 3000
>mails on my local folder, I like to export all the
>message and take backup, I did not find any option to
>export messages, what is the best way to take backup
>of all message, Last time i did a tar of .Mozilla
>directory, but that is not a correct solution if iu
>want to extract message some where else like outlook
>express.
> In normal practise, what is the best way to handel
>

>=====
>Thanks,
>
>Sambit Nanda
>203-553-3424 (O)

Hello,

I don´t know how to export emails from mozilla either. Since I find this
fact very disturbing I stopped using a somehow proprietray email format.
(which mozilla mails might be).
So I installed an Imap-Server on my System.

This way I can use mozilla or outlook or kmail or evolution to read my
mails!

Maybe you should ask the mozilla-mailing list for this problem. There
you might get a much better answer then in this redhat mailing list.

Regards
Cornelius