List:       redhat-list
Subject:    mozilla update without losing fonts?
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-05-08 17:25:34

Redhat9 has nice-looking, smooth (antialiased?) fonts, and applications
include an option of "system default" in their font menus.  This holds true
for the 1.2.1 version of Mozilla that comes installed with Redhat9, but how
does one achieve this effect in the stock Mozilla from mozilla.org?

For RH8, someone had apparently contributed rpms of mozilla in two forms -
xft and gtk2.  Total guess here, but some sort of xft integration is what's
allowing the smooth fonts...?  How do I get enable that for mozilla 1.3.1
from the mozilla site?  I can install 131, but all I end up with are 'ugly'
fonts and fonts like luxi-sans.

--
Trever