List:       redhat-list
Subject:    RE: image viewer recommendations pls!
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-05-02 17:39:57

Hmmm... Don't have kde3.1 in front of me at the moment, just kde3.0, but
even in kde3.0 if you want to use its print capabilities with something that
has lesser capabilites but will at least let you run your own print command,
then you can just use kprinter --stdin for the print command.  The app (ie
Netscape or Mozilla) will hand the print job off to kprinter, which will
then pop up its normal dialogue.

In 3.0, there's not an option for scaling a job, but you can choose the
paper size you want, and you may be able to print 4 pages on one page in
order to scale enough.  Definitely not ideal, but it may get the job done.
Perhaps kde3.1 offers scaling to paper size...

-t.