List:       redhat-list
Subject:    udma..how to tell?
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-28 21:37:36

hello,
i got a bunch of old computers from my friends.  they are all running linux
(redhat 8.0).  if i grep /var/log/messages for "udma", i see some of them say
udma 100, udma 33, etc.  excuse my lack of correct terminology, but how can i
tell what each motherboard supports...as in udma "speed"?  also, how can i
tell the same thing about the hard drives in each computer?  and finally, in
contrast to what they support, what they actually run at?

thanks,
-- christopher