List:       redhat-list
Subject:    key problems
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-25 20:22:03

hello,
all the keys work great on my redhat 8.0 system, but i have quite a few
problems when i ssh into my school computers from a kde konsole or even just
log into them at the actual machines.  i was wondering if anyone could help
me out.  here is a description of the problems i have:

1)  bash shell:  "delete" causes a "~" to printed
2)  bash shell:  "home" and "end" do nothing
3)  vim:  "backspace" causes "^?" to printed

3)  is by far the most annoying...=(

thank you for the help,
-- christopher